Although I am a morning person I don’t think that preparing breakfast should be time consuming. That’s why the following recipe for a delicious coconut porridge will make every weekday morning a breeze: it’s creamy, easy to make, gluten-free and low-carb. Plus, having a healthy breakfast sets you up to have a great day.
To make 2 servings you will need:
- 300ml coconut milk (or almond milk)
- 25gr coconut flour
- 40gr ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp of canned coconut milk
- cinnamon, cardamom and vanilla powder to taste
- honey (or use stevia if you want to go low-carb)
There are just 4 easy steps between you and this tasty coconut porridge:
- Heat your coconut milk in a small pot
- Stir in the coconut flour, ground flaxseed and spices
- Once it thickens add your preferred sweetener and 2 tsp of canned coconut milk
- Pour the coconut porridge into 2 bowls and serve with your favourite toppings
I prefer eating my bowl of coconut porridge with lots of fresh berries and a dollop of honey. Also, as this breakfast recipe is super easy to make you’ll have extra time to sip on your coffee.
What is more, this coconut porridge can be easily adapted to your taste. You prefer cooked blueberries or grated apples? You’d rather top your porridge with almond butter? Well, by all means, do so! There are endless possibilities.
Have you got any other ideas of delicious but quick weekday breakfast recipes? Please share them below!