We’ve learned to appreciate rum while on holiday in Havana and that’s exactly the reason why I was looking for a way to add a little rum to our low carb pick-me-up afternoon snack. If you love dark chocolate and rum, you’ll LOVE these no-bake dark chocolate rum balls.
Here’s what I use to make about 20 chocolate rum balls:
- 100g ground almonds
- 50g dark chocolate
- 40g butter
- 20g low carb sweetener
- 10g coconut oil
- 5g cocoa powder
- 2-3 tbsp rum
- 20g ground almonds or shredded coconut for coating
Did I mention that these chocolate rum balls are incredibly easy to make? You only have to follow 4 simple steps:
- Melt butter, coconut oil and chocolate in a bain marie
- Add sweetener, cocoa powder and rum to mixture and stir well
- Finally, add the ground almonds and chill mixture for about 20mins
- Roll the mixture into balls and coat them with either ground almonds or shredded coconut
I love having low carb snacks handy in the fridge as I have a sweet tooth and these definitely satisfy cravings for sweets. Just pair them with a cup of coffee and you’ll have energy to tackle the rest of your day.
Do you have a favourite snack recipe?