During a recent night out I sipped on a very palatable Thai Basil Blueberry Martini. Oh, what a treat that was for my taste buds. As I liked that particular flavour combination so much, I set my mind on adding the flavours of both the Thai basil and the blueberries to my breakfast porridge recipe. The result was an incredibly tasting bowl of Thai Basil Blueberry Porridge.
To make 2 servings you will need:
- 100g fresh blueberries
- 300ml water
- 25g coconut flour
- 40g ground flaxseed
- 15g of butter
- about 6-8 Thai basil leaves
- honey (or use liquid stevia if you want to go low-carb)
- toppings of your choice
And here’s how you make this bowl of creamy Thai Basil Blueberry Porridge:
- Start by adding the blueberries and Thai basil leaves into a blender or food processor and blitz until they are well combined
- Heat the water in a small pot
- Stir in the coconut flour and ground flaxseed
- Once it thickens add your blueberry puree and preferred sweetener
- Finally, add the butter, let it melt and stir again
- Pour the porridge into 2 bowls and serve with your favourite toppings
We garnished our bowls with shredded coconut, fresh blueberries, almond halves and a dollop of delicious blueberry mascarpone cheese.
I can’t wait to make this recipe again. It’s low-carb, gluten-free and if you skip the honey, even suitable for a ketogenic diet. An extra plus is that it keeps you full for a long time.
Have you ever tried delicious and sensational flavour combinations such as blueberries and Thai basil? If yes, please share them below!